The Colorado Association of Local Boards of Health (CALBOH)
The Colorado Association of Local Boards of Health (CALBOH) is a unique organization strengthening Colorado’s local boards of health, in collaboration with the State Board of Health.
CALBOH Vision Statement
The mission of the Colorado Association of Local Boards of Health (CALBOH) is to strengthen local boards of health through education, training, networking, advocacy, collaboration and celebration, thus enabling them to effectively support the core functions and the ten essential services of public health that promote and protect the health of their communities.
The CALBOH’s vision is to remain focused on the health of the public by:
- Recognizing that public health is the foundation on which a successful health care system is built.
- Promoting high standards of comprehensive public health services for the citizens of Colorado.
- Providing consultation and education for, and facilitate the collaboration among, Board of Health members.
- Supporting health policy and finance issues in support of public health in Colorado.
- Encouraging close working relationships between local Boards of Health and other allied agencies, including the State Board of Health.
- Advancing programs and projects deemed necessary to protect and promote the health of the citizens in Colorado.
- Supporting public awareness of public health issues and dangers.
Membership & Dues: Download Application
CALBOH is a sponsor of The Community Guide, a branch of the CDC which provides recommendations on effective interventions and evidence-based public health improvements.